If you pursue one, please let me know. I’d love to watch and report on your progress.
UPDATED: May 6, 2009
- Paper for Digital Book Exchange Program – This is a bit more complex but could have significant social benefits. The gist would be to partner with publishers to provide a service for people to turn in their paper bound books for digital versions. Then the paper books would be donated to libraries, shelters, overseas or simply recycled. The benefit would be in social good and an influx of recycled material for further printing of books and other media.
- Paper to eBook – Create a program (by mail or digitally) that converts paper books into digital files for Amazon Kindle and Kindle DX users. This would require origination or partnering with the copyright holders; just ask Google
- Firewood Delivery Service – A homeowner could sign up and pay a monthly fee to have their firewood delivered on a regular basis. The goal being that the homeowner never runs out and doesn’t have to remember to call for more.
- New Company Incubator Website – Submit your idea to a website and a trusted group of people will review and feedback on business viability. Could also serve as a think-tank.
- Stroller Exchange – Most mom’s I know have multiple strollers, most of which aren’t being used. Setup a website where people can browse, view and exchange strollers based on age and stage of child(ren).